NUTRITION ASSISTANT II, 4 HOUR
(2018 - 2019 SCHOOL YEAR)
* Prior experience in quantity nutrition service preferred
* Knowledge of principles and methods of quantity food preparation, serving, and storage
* Knowledge of methods of computing food quantities required by prescribed menus
* Knowledge of care and use of nutrition service equipment
* Knowledge of safety and sanitation procedure relating to food preparation and serving
* Ability to prepare high quality food appropriate to the needs of children per established standards
* Ability to effectively work under supervision with others and to effectively assist/supervise other nutrition service personnel
* Ability to assist in estimating quantities of food required using prepared menus and worksheets
* Ability to keep simple records and follow oral and written directions
* Ability to apply work simplification methods
* Ability to perform moderately heavy manual tasks
* Willingness to attend relevant training classes and workshops
* Ability to implement the nutritional and educational goals of the district.
REPORTS TO: Administrator as assigned
JOB GOAL: Performs skilled quantity food production and service in specified areas at school site level
* Participates in preparation and serving of school lunches, component menu items, and other foods
* Assists school nutrition manager in estimating required quantities of, and receiving, storing, and costing of food and supplies, maintaining proper care of equipment and proper sanitation standards and maintaining inventories and other necessary records
* May assume duties and responsibilities of a school nutrition manager (applies to nutrition assistant III and IV only)
* Maintains satisfactory performance standards in food preparation techniques, service and clean-up:
* Nutrition Assistant II: Skills in food preparation techniques (range/salads or baking/salads, plus service, clean-up, etc.)
* Performs other related duties as assigned
SALARY: $1,074 - $1,311 per month (10 month employees: Annual salary is divided into eleven (11) equal monthly payments)
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the District's \"Improvement of Professional Services\" handbook, Board Policies and Procedures and consistent with collective bargaining agreements when applicable
NEW PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES AND PERMANENT EMPLOYEES WHO BECOME PROBATIONARY UPON RECLASSIFICATION:
A new employee, or a permanent employee who is changed to a new classification, shall serve a probationary period, which shall not exceed one (1) year of duty time exclusive of leaves of absence or other absences. During this probationary period the employee must meet the required standards of performance to be recommended for permanent status in the classification. A probationary classified service employee may be terminated from the probationary classification at any time without cause, without right of appeal or hearing before the Board of Education. Pursuant to Education Code section 45113, a permanent employee who accepts a promotion and fails to complete the probationary period for that promotional position, shall be employed in the classification from which he or she was promoted.
All applicants must have passed the following test within three years of the deadline. Appropriate photo identification will be required for entrance to testing.
* The Nutrition Services test will be given on March 25, 2019 at 9:00 AM please call 631-4877 to register.
MINIMUM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The online application and any required documents listed below must be submitted by 8:00 PM on March 20, 2019:
Copies of required certificates, transcripts or diplomas may be submitted with application. District may require that originals be presented for verification prior to employment. Please check with Human Resources regarding acceptable documents. For positions requiring college course work official transcripts will be required upon employment.
It is the applicant's responsibility to meet all application requirements and supply copies of all required documents. A separate set of paperwork is required for each application submitted. All application materials submitted become the property of Bakersfield City School District.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Some positions may require proof of privately owned automobile insurance and the possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle operator's license. Fingerprint clearance by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the California Department of Justice is a condition of appointment after all other required job conditions have been met. Must present verification of completion of Child Abuse Mandated Reporter training or obtain verification within six (6) weeks of hire and annually thereafter, as required by the California Child Abuse Neglect Reporting Act.
The Bakersfield City School District wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Positions may be re advertised or application deadlines extended at the discretion of the District. Unless otherwise notified by the District, applications received in response to this bulletin will be considered for available District positions in this classification during the current school year. Those meeting minimum qualifications, including passage of required tests, will remain active during this time. Applicants will not be individually notified of their application status.
Any candidates contacting, directly or indirectly, any member of the Board of Education and/or administration with the intention of influencing their or another candidates selection to any administrative position shall be disqualified without recourse.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any of the provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.
Bakersfield City School District prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, and bullying of District employees and job applicants on the basis of actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identifications, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the District's Human Resource Administrator, at 661-###-####, or at 1300 Baker Street, Bakersfield, California 93305. A copy of BCSD's Uniform Complaint Procedures and Non-Discrimination policies are available upon request.
Associated topics: dairy, diet, dietician, dietitian, headstart, icf mr, nutritional, nutritionist, sfs, wic