Location: Washington, D.C.
Government and Public Sector (GPS) Innovation Relationship Manager
As part of a collaboration between the Office of the CTO and Consulting Innovation, we have a capability in Washington, D.C., focused on sensing, prioritizing, building, and activating relationships with key players in the technology startup ecosystem, primarily focused on Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Blockchain and Digital Reality solutions. We are currently seeking an Innovation Relationship Manager to lead the Deloitte Catalyst ll Government and Public Sector Innovation Incubating Hub in Washington, D.C.
Work You Will Do:
The Innovation Relationship Manager will work closely with leadership, under the direction of the Senior Manager leading the Deloitte Catalyst Incubation Hubs and under the guidance/support from the GPS Innovation Advisory Board, to help further define and refine the vision of the overall program, drive external relationship with Innovation Ecosystem partners and manage and execute the overall program. The Innovation Relationship Manager will scan, scout, prioritize and cultivate relationships with external parties (start-ups, venture capital firms, private equity firms, accelerators, incubators etc.), work closely with Deloitte GPS client teams and Offering Portfolio (OP) leads, and match innovative technology to GPS client use cases. Specific responsibilities include:
* Advancing and refining frameworks to track the GPS landscape, prioritize key players and curate viable ecosystem partners
* Developing GPS-specific trends briefs and perspectives on market activity that can be shared with leadership and clients
* Advancing and refining processes that support the development of sustained interactions and ongoing relationships with groups
* Leading the development and execution of a framework for sourcing use cases from Industries, OPs and client account teams
* In conjunction with the Deloitte Catalyst Go To Market team, connecting OPs and GPS Accounts in conjunction with the Deloitte Catalyst with innovative ecosystems to provide consistent and efficient access to disruptive technologies, methods and framework
* Collaborating with other Innovation, Sensing and Incubating services and threads across the US and global firms
* Sharing ideas across the global network via existing and emerging technologies and communities and enabling cross-practice communications of existing assets and solutions
* Providing input into innovation priorities for investments, labs and other co-development opportunities
* Establishing and implementing repeatable processes to ensure open communication and predictability across a globally dispersed team
* Developing business cases connecting ecosystem emerging technology partners to Deloitte's assets and client use cases for prototype and proof of concept development
The Senior Relationship Manager will also be responsible for supporting the roll-out of additional Deloitte Catalyst focused Innovation hubs outside of Washington, D.C. and coordination between teams.
This role sits within the Consulting Innovation's Sensing team, part of a blended team along with the Office of the CTO's Ecosystem Engagement team. The joint team focuses on sensing, prioritizing, building, and activating relationships with key players in the emerging technology ecosystem.
* 9+ years consulting experience
* Passion for innovation and emerging technology trends along with a firm foundation in the core principles of technology
* Significant experience and strong relationships within the emerging technology ecosystem, including Venture Capital, Incubators/Accelerators, startups, private equity, corporate venturing, etc. that can provide a strong sensing mechanism ecosystem for this role
* Working knowledge/experience of multiple areas in the prioritized domains- e.g., AI/Machine Learning, Blockchain, AR/VR/MR, Internet of Things, Cloud etc.
* Excellent executive communication skills (both verbal and written) including substantial experience developing and delivering executive level presentations
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective and grow relationships with senior stakeholders (internal and external)
* Excels at networking with an eye for building new business relationships and creating opportunities
* Ability to synthesize large sets of data and integrate into meaningful reports and recommendations
* Outstanding analytical, research, solution business case development, solution prototyping and presentation skills
* Strong project management and organizational skills including ability to scope, plan and manage to achieve overall objectives
* Proven ability to lead a remote/virtual, multi-disciplinary team
* Flexibility/adaptability - comfortable working with ambiguity and continually evolving priorities - this is a newly forming capability - an agile mindset is key
* Ability to work well under pressure and in utmost confidentiality with sensitive information
* Focus on details and producing high quality work products
* Experience with sensing tools and methods (e.g., CB Insights, Quid, Feedly) is a plus
* Demonstrates strong value for diversity and ability to team and collaborate effectively
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Inclusion is a major part of how we lead. It invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and fosters well-being. We seek out and involve individuals with diverse experiences and backgrounds because we know how critical this can be in making an impact that matters to our clients and our people. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We drive impact through our signature national programs: education and veterans, and through pro bono and other key programs such as board service opportunities and Impact Day. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals to help you prepare.
As used in this posting, \"Deloitte\" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E19WAKCMGRSW178-NO
Associated topics: foreign affairs, government, legislative, policy, political science, politics, public affairs, rights