About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Strategic Communications:
The Strategic Communications segment of FTI Consulting (formerly Financial Dynamics) designs and executes communications strategies for clients managing financial, regulatory and reputational challenges. With approximately 650 expert strategic communications consultants located in key markets around the world, we combine global reach with local knowledge to help client management teams and Boards of Directors seize opportunities, manage crises, navigate market disruptions, articulate their brand, stake a competitive position, and preserve their permission to operate. Drawing upon our unrivaled depth of industry expertise and interdisciplinary experience and using our broad network of relationships with key influencers, we help clients clarify, persuade and ensure that the right message reaches the right audience at the right time.
We arecurrently looking for a Consultant to join our Public Affairs team in ourWashington D.C. office. The Consultant will primarily support team members inthe execution of consulting programs and, by doing so, will learn the necessarysubjects and processes to service and advise clients. The individual willconduct research for ongoing consulting projects and will work with accountteams to execute projects and meet client goals and objectives. A Consultantmust keep up-to-date on key issues and current events for their clients, aswell as generally in the relevant industries.
In thisrole, the Consultant will develop knowledge of clients' objectives andchallenges to help the client team design communication strategies and executeprogram tactics. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, thefollowing:
* Play a role in the research, planning,and development of comprehensive communication programs
* Write and edit a variety of clientmaterials (e.g., strategic memos, press releases, presentations, emails, mediareports, media pitches, social media posts and content, etc.) under thedirection of senior team members
* Prepare daily media monitoring reports
* Assist with ongoing programmeasurement and progress report development
* Research appropriate target media forclients, and develop and maintain media lists
* Develop and evaluate appropriateeditorial calendar opportunities
* Address client issues thoughtfully andeffectively
* Evaluate campaign results againstobjectives
* Assist in successfully growingexisting accounts
* Contribute to the professionaldevelopment and performance review process for interns, as needed
* Execute communication programactivities for a variety of clients simultaneously
* Demonstrate an understanding of clientinformation, including business strategy, services, stakeholders andcompetitive landscape
* Deliver high-quality work focused onclient needs
* Create client-ready deliverables in atimely and efficient manner
* Identify resource needs and work withmanagers to assign individual responsibilities
* Support billing procedures to ensuretimely and accurate delivery of client invoices
* Maintain solid relationships withclients
* Work with managers to help clientsassess their program needs
* Participate in the generation newbusiness proposals and presentations
* Consistently seek ways to improveclient service
* Support the development, productionand marketing of thought leadership surrounding emerging trends and issues
* Bachelor'sdegree required.
* 1year of communications agency and/or state/federal government experience.Capitol Hill experience desirable.
* Musthave a solid grasp of public relations, including traditional media relationsexperience, as well as digital and social media program management experience
* Mustpossess superior research, public policy, writing and editing skills
* Demonstrateddevelopment of a professional network and experience with media contacts,database tools and pitching media to secure client coverage is required
* Experiencewith popular blogging tools, publishing software and other social media platforms(i.e., Twitter) required
* Provenproject management skills and the ability to proactively support/counsel keyclient relationship
* Strongtime and priority management skills and an ability to effectively jugglemultiple client projects
* Desireand ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented dynamicenvironment with regular change
* Advancedproficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
* Understandingof Associated Press StyleGuidelines
FTI Consultingis an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: emergency management, government affairs, media, public, public affairs, public records, public works, regulatory affairs, social media