The Special Initiatives Specialist will infuse and model the Girl Scout Law into their everyday work to fulfill the mission of building girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place.
A key member of the Mission Delivery Department, the position of Special Initiatives Specialist is responsible for planning, establishing, and facilitating program opportunities for girls and adult volunteers through the community and school based programming. He or she represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, collaborative efforts, networking and ensures the Girl Scout Program is visible and accessible within the assigned geographic area.
* Pursues community partnerships and collaborations in assigned geographic area * Facilitates quality programming in school and community based settings in assigned geographic area * Studies and becomes proficient in girl and adult related trends, multicultural data and demographics, marketing and sales techniques, effective communication, and knowledge of communities and organizations to effectively implement a strategic membership growth plan. * Maintains relationships and/or partnerships with community organizations and educational institutions to deliver Girl Scouting to underserved girls through series and/or events * Recruits and trains adult volunteers to facilitate community and school based events and/or programs as needed * Identifies and supports volunteers, throughout assigned geographic area * Assists with the planning of school and community programs based curriculum and program portfolio components * Works in collaboration with other departments to achieve council goals and objectives * Submits accurate reports and information in a timely manner to all departments upon request * Maintains the necessary records and reports of meetings, series, events and collaborations for monthly management, fund development and yearly analysis purposes * Participates in reporting, budgeting, goal setting, strategic planning and outcomes evaluation * Provides support to council fund development programs * Participates as assigned by/or with approval of supervisor on council-planning committees/groups * Performs other duties as necessary and when assigned by supervisor
Manages Community Program Volunteers in assigned geographic areas, known as Service Areas/Service Units
KNOWLEDGE AND CREDENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience in program development, working with adults and youth
* Knowledge of Girl Scout Leadership Experience
ABILITY AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS
* Willingness to facilitate and/or assist in facilitation of outdoor programming * Ability to perform duties including but not limited to; public speaking for large audiences, hands on program delivery working with Girl and Adult members, and be able to work in the outdoor elements * Ability/confidence to cultivate collaborative relationships with key community leaders * Demonstrated ability in youth program design and management * Ability to lift at least 25 pounds * Ability to follow direction * Subscribes to the principles of the Girl Scout Movement * Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines. * Strong human relations skills and have ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds * Ability to exercise good judgement * Excellent written and oral communication skills * Excellent computer skills * Solution driven with the ability to effectively problem solve
HOURS AND TRAVEL
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including substantial amounts of nights and weekends
* GRADE - 1
To apply for this position, please go to: www.girlscoutsdiamonds.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to complete other duties as assigned.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.