Associates work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Associates work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment - not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
Assurance Associates serve our clients by:
- Understanding clients' needs and expectations, their business and industry, accounting and control systems, employees, company values and industry-related GAAP and GAAS issues
- Developing an understanding of the firm's audit approach and tools
- Assessing risks and evaluating the client's internal control structure
- Performing substantive tests and tests of internal controls to identify and resolve accounting or reporting issues
- Drafting financial statements under prescribed formats
- Bachelors in Accounting
- 1-2 years of public accounting audit experience
- Meeting education requirement for CPA certification in the state where you are applying for employment
- Travel to assigned client locations is required
- Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- 1-2 years of external audit experience in public accounting
- Experience working with clients across industries such as manufacturing, real estate, financial services, non-profit, government
- CPA certification or on track, preferred
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req4911
Line of Business: Audit
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req4911
Location: 801 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1050, Miami, FL
Region: Southeast Region
Job Category: Audit/Assurance
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Associated topics: account, accountant, accountant i, accountant iii, accountant iv, financial analyst i, financial analyst iv, gs 0510, internal audit, risk