This is a Federal Work Study position. Student employees assigned to this classification work under general supervision. This means that definite work objectives are set for the employee but methods of performing the tasks are frequently left to the judgment of the employee with occasional instruction or advice provided by the supervisor. The frequency of review by the supervisor depends on the difficulty and complexity of the assignment or on the impact or result of the work performed. While the supervisor is again responsible for the general assignment of work, less control may be exercised over the flow for work and instructions given may be more general in nature. The employee is responsible for the results of the work. Jobs assigned to this level usually require some previous experience, education, or specialized skill.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide directions and information to visitors
* Patrol and monitor parking lots
* Provide shuttle service
* Issue parking citations
* Provide access to locked rooms
* Assist at reception desk/counter (answer phones, sell parking permits, resolve parking citations)
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.Minimum Qualifications
Currently enrolled University student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
* Must be work-study eligible
* Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
* Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
* Responsible, reliable and punctual.
* Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.Preferred Qualifications
None.Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Associated topics: chief academic officer, deputy, director, elementary school principal, elementary vice principal, executive director, manage, officer, school principal, vice principal